Friday, March 4, 2011

Our Values




Values are what is important to us: family, education, justice, equality, love, physical fitness, honesty, loyalty, friendship, etc. I feel that my values are very important to me and the fact that media has a big influence on them makes me want to be careful on what I consider a real value in a real life calue situation. I think that "The Simpsons" tv show is a perfect example of what can portray peoples values into believing that the Simpsons have a perfect family. A nucleur family is displayed in this show, because Homer and Marg are still together, have 3 kids (Bart, Lisa, and Maggy), as well as a cat and dog. This can effect the audience in a way that makes them feel that their family is not as good, functional, and as normal of a family as The Simpsons are. This could change their entire values of their own family, making their feelings not so great towards their family. The role of the wife and husband are pretty simple, the wife Marg, does the cooking, cleaning, and laundry where Homer works, they get into some fights, but in the end they love each other. The older brother and sister (Lisa and Bart) don't get along that well, but when they do, everything is perfect like a brohter and sister role "should be". The Family acts well together such as when Bart and Homer fight, they make up right after. Homer treats Lisa like she's a little angel, and Marg trys to treat the kids (including Maggie) with equal respect. I feel like this is not a show I should take seriously about the values shown, because I think my family is perfect the way we are, and don't need to be changed because a different opinion of what I have seen on a TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment